Development Coordinator (Full-Time) - Posted 08/01/2013
View All Job Postings
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC) creates a nationwide network of trails from former rail lines and connecting corridors to build healthier places for healthier people. RTC advocates at the local, state and national level for policies that support trails and greenways for transportation, recreation, conservation, and as an integral part of livable communities. RTC is headquartered in Washington, D.C., with regional offices in California, Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
The National office of RTC is located near DuPont Circle.
This position will assist the department in its activities to cultivate, solicit and service Rails-to-Trails Conservancy's donors and prospective donors with a primary focus on growing the mid-level giving program. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement cultivation and communications strategies designed to engage middle level donors and planned giving prospects.
- Providing support to the Vice President of Development and Communications and other development staff, coordinating internal meetings and travel schedules and assisting with special projects.
- Fulfilling requirements for RTC's participation in workplace giving campaigns and state applications including representing RTC and EarthShare at workplace giving events, tracking results, recording and reporting participation hours, attending Earth Share committee meetings and preparing budget and expense projections for campaign revenues.
- Managing donor and prospect records in database, including coordinating gift entry, donor and prospect communications, proposal production and packaging, queries for mailings, etc.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of cultivation events.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of RTCs Board of Directors' meetings.
- Maintaining files, electronic and paper, for foundation, corporate and major donor activities.
- Assisting with data entry and fulfillment of membership customer service calls, emails, letters and other requests.
- Process major gift donations.
- Preparing and producing donor cultivation and solicitation mailings, including acknowledgements for $250+ contributions.
- Process and acknowledge memorial contributions.
- Researching donor prospects.
- Conducting other fundraising and development duties as assigned.
None. This position reports to the Vice President of Development and Communications.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
B.S. or B.A. degree and/or a minimum of two years experience in development, membership services, fundraising, or office administration. Must have excellent communications, organizational and time management skills with attention to detail. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to take direction from multiple project managers. Must be proficient in MSWord, Excel, and Outlook and familiar with using membership databases; knowledge of WinFunds, Convio and Wealth Engine a plus. Teamwork attitude and an ability to work collaboratively with a variety of individuals.
Normal office setting with low to moderate noise level with some travel required.
RTC reserves the right to revise, change or reclassify this job description at any time in accordance with RTC's business needs. This job description is by no means an implied contract.
How to Apply: (Please use one form of transmitting your resume. No phone calls please) Send cover letter and resume to:
Duke Ellington Building
Attn: Elton Clark, Human Resources Office
2121 Ward Court, 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20037
RTC is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, color, gender, disability, or national origin. Women and diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.