Open until filled
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC), a nonprofit organization with more than 160,000 members and supporters, is the nation's largest trails organization dedicated to building a nation connected by trails. We reimagine public spaces to create safe ways for everyone to walk, bike and be active outdoors. Founded in 1986, RTC’s national office is located in Washington, D.C., with regional offices in California, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Connect with RTC at railstotrails.org and on social media @railstotrails.
This position is located in RTC’s national office in downtown Washington, D.C., and is easily accessible from Metro’s red, orange, silver and blue lines. However, due to COVID-19, staff are telecommuting.
The Customer Service Coordinator is a position that engages and assists Rails-to-Trails Conservancy’s membership and TrailLink.com users by manning our main phone line, several email accounts, and greeting guests and visitors to our headquarters office in Washington, DC.
The Customer Service Coordinator is responsible for resolving customer and user inquiries, updating interactions in the donor database, updating frequently asked questions on websites, overseeing TrailLink social media posts and approving user generated content.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Providing customer service to RTC members and TrailLink users; responding to member inquiries through phone calls, email messages, and voicemails with the intention that members have a timely and positive resolution to inquiries by responding within 24-hours (one business day) of contact.
- Maintaining working knowledge of the TrailLink.com website, mobile apps, and website functionality to resolve common customer support issues and identify site performance issues.
- Reviewing and approving TrailLink user submitted content (reviews, photos and events) within 24 -hours of submission
- Maintaining Membership and TrailLink “Frequently Asked Questions” on website and other platforms.
- Alerting program leads of urgent membership or TrailLink complaints/concerns immediately
- Providing general customer feedback and technical issues at regular Membership and TrailLink meetings.
- Assisting with other TrailLink and Membership duties as assigned.
None. This position reports to both the Vice President of Development and the Chief Technology Officer and works with staff across the organization.
Desired Background and Personal Attributes
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- One or more years of customer service experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong organizational skills — ability to manage priorities, learn quickly, and multi-task in a rapid response environment
- A strong interest in the mission of RTC to advance trail networks across the country
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with a wide variety of individuals
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who can quickly trouble-shoot customer needs, find resolution, and complete the interaction in a timely manner. The candidate must be a people person with a pleasant demeanor and an interest in trails.
Normal office setting with low to moderate noise level.
RTC reserves the right to revise, change or reclassify this job description at any time in accordance with RTC’s business needs. This job description is by no means an implied contract.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please email email@example.com with the following:
The position you are applying for in the subject line
A résumé (as a separate attachment)
A cover letter that includes a brief statement about your personal background or experiences that demonstrate your potential to contribute to RTC’s commitment to create an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Commitment to Diversity
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy seeks diverse, passionate and qualified individuals who want to make a difference in the world. RTC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.