Open until filled
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC), a nonprofit organization with more than 160,000 members and supporters, is the nation's largest trails organization dedicated to building a nation connected by trails. We reimagine public spaces to create safe ways for everyone to walk, bike and be active outdoors. Founded in 1986, RTC’s national office is located in Washington, D.C., with regional offices in California, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Connect with RTC at railstotrails.org and on social media @railstotrails.
This position is located in RTC’s national office in downtown Washington, D.C., and is easily accessible from Metro’s red, orange, silver and blue lines. However, due to COVID-19, staff are telecommuting.
The Digital Campaigns Associate helps execute RTC’s strategic membership and marketing plans to ensure member engagement and growth of the program. This position is responsible for assisting in the production of email campaigns, including drafting and formatting messages, landing pages and other campaigns assets.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who can work collaboratively with other staff to create and test strategies to generate effective campaigns. This position works with the development, communications and policy teams, and across multiple programs.
This position is primarily responsible for email production for fundraising and advocacy campaigns, including drafting and formatting messages, form creation, group and list management, reporting and analysis. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the management of the organizational messaging calendar and communicating tasks and assignments across departments
- Providing reports on campaign performance and test results
- Providing analysis and recommendations for continual improvement
- Providing quality assurance testing for digital team content
- Staying current on industry trends and best practices for advocacy organizations
None. This position reports to the Director of Membership Marketing and Communications and works with staff across the organization.
Desired Background and Personal Attributes
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, with the ability to work under pressure, and possess the following skills and qualifications:
- One or more years of digital-campaigns communications experience
- Experience with HTML, CSS, eCRM systems and database queries
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online Platform; Email, Donation, Pagebuilder, Survey and Constituent 360 modules or other digital marketing platform a plus
- Understanding of campaign metrics, analytics and A/B testing
- Demonstrated quality assurance skills, including meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities, learn quickly and multitask in a rapid response environment, including the ability to manage concurrent short-term and long-term deadlines
- A strong commitment to the mission of RTC to advance trail networks across the country
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with a wide variety of individuals
Normal office setting with low to moderate noise level.
RTC reserves the right to revise, change or reclassify this job description at any time in accordance with RTC’s business needs. This job description is by no means an implied contract.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please email email@example.com with the following:
The position you are applying for in the subject line
A résumé (as a separate attachment)
A cover letter that includes a brief statement about your personal background or experiences that demonstrate your potential to contribute to RTC’s commitment to create an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Commitment to Diversity
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy seeks diverse, passionate and qualified individuals who want to make a difference in the world. RTC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.