Open until filled
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC), a nonprofit organization with more than 160,000 members and supporters, is the nation's largest trails organization dedicated to connecting people and communities by creating a nationwide network of public trails, many from former rail lines and connecting corridors. Founded in 1986, RTC’s national office is located in Washington, D.C., with field offices in California, Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, Texas, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
This position is located in RTC’s national office in Washington, D.C. (West End/DuPont Circle area), and is easily accessible from Metro’s Red line (Farragut North) and Blue/Orange/Silver lines (Foggy Bottom).
The Digital Campaigns Associate is a part-time position that helps execute Rails-to-Trails Conservancy’s strategic membership and marketing plans to ensure member engagement and growth of the program.
The Digital Campaigns Associate is responsible for assisting in the production of email campaigns, including drafting and formatting messages, landing pages and other campaigns assets.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who can work collaboratively with other staff to create and test strategies to generate effective campaigns. This position reports to the Director of Membership Marketing and Communications and works with the development, communications and policy teams and across multiple programs.
- Primarily responsible for email production for fundraising and advocacy campaigns, including drafting and formatting messages, form creation, group and list management, reporting and analysis.
- Assists in managing the organizational messaging calendar and communicates tasks and assignments across departments.
- Provides reporting on campaign performance and test results; provides analysis and recommendations for continual improvement.
- Provides quality assurance testing for digital team content.
- Stays current on industry trends and best practices for advocacy organizations.
None. This position will report to the Director of Membership Marketing and Communications and will work closely with the RTC Fundraising/Development Department and other internal departments as needed (e.g., Communications, Trail Development, Public Policy).
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- 1 or more years of digital campaigns communications experience.
- Detail-oriented with ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, eCRM systems, and database queries.
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online Platform – Email, Donation, Pagebuilder, Survey and Constituent 360 modules or other digital marketing platform is a bonus.
- Understanding of campaign metrics, analytics, and A/B testing.
- Demonstrated quality assurance skills including meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills — ability to manage priorities, learn quickly, and multi-task in a rapid response environment, including the ability to manage concurrent short-term and long-term deadlines.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Rails-to-Trails to advance trail networks across the country.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with a wide variety of individuals.
Normal office setting with low-to-moderate noise level. The work requires only minor physical exertion and/or physical strain.
RTC reserves the right to revise, change or reclassify this job description at any time in accordance with RTC’s business needs. This job description is by no means an implied contract.
How to Apply
Please use one form of transmitting your résumé. No phone calls please, unless contacted for an in-person interview. Recruiters, please do not contact our offices.
Mail, fax or email cover letter, résumé and three professional references to:
Human Resources Manager
The Duke Ellington Building
2121 Ward Court, NW, 5th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20037
Commitment to Diversity
RTC is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin. Women and diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. EOE