The Indiana Trails Study was developed to address the growing need for more information on trail use and the general attitudes of trail users and trail neighbors. The study conducted research on trail use levels, trail management, economic impacts, property values, and attitudes toward trails in six different types of communities in Indiana.
The six trails and communities studied were:
- Fort Wayne, Rivergreenway Trail
- Goshen, Maple City Greenway Trail
- Greenfield, Pennsy Rail Trail
- Indianapolis, Monon Rail Trail
- Muncie, Cardinal Greenway Trail
- Portage, Prairie Duneland Trail