Rails to Trails magazine is dedicated to exploring America’s remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks, with a focus on the opportunities they provide and the impact they have in communities nationwide.
Rails to Trails just got a makeover!
After 10+ years of the same look for Rails to Trails, we decided it was time for a facelift! We asked our readers what they'd like to see, and the feedback was fantastic. In response, the revamped Rails to Trails has a few modern renovations. You’ll still get the same coverage you love of the nation’s leading trails and trail champions, but with:
- More maps—including our new Featured Map
- Our new Best Of section—covering amazing trails across the country
- More photography of gorgeous rail-trails
Let us know what you think. We hope you love the redesign as much as we do!
Fall 2016 Issue
• Explore the economic-tourism impact of the 238-mile Katy Trail in Missouri—one of the longest rail-trails in the country.
• Examine how the 1,300-mile September 11th memorial trail is serving as a new kind of pilgrimage to honor the fallen heroes of the 2001 tragedy.
• Provide a sampling of trail photos from the 1,450-mile Industrial Heartland Trails Network.
• Highlight 10 pathways whose corridors hosted some of the most poignant moments in our country's evolution (see Best Of!)
• And much more!
Read Past Issues
To read past editions of Rails to Trails going back to 2012, visit our online archive.
We Want to Hear From You!
Our members always have plenty to say (and write) about Rails to Trails—and we're always eager to hear it! If you enjoyed or have comments on a recent issue of the magazine, please submit a short letter to our editor. If we can—we’ll print it in the next edition!