Trails don't just happen. They take the passion and energy of many dedicated people to become a reality.
Our employees come from diverse backgrounds but with a common purpose—to enrich the lives of millions of Americans by creating a nationwide network of trails, which supports active transportation, health and wellness, environmental sustainability and economic vitality in communities across America.
Being part of the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC) team is a rewarding experience. Working
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in working with RTC! If you want to be a part of our ambitious mission and believe your values, experiences and skills would be a good fit, please apply for one of the jobs listed below.
Note: Please submit your resume and cover letter directly to the contact person listed, and be sure to follow the application instructions exactly.
Full and Part-Time Positions
- No current openings.
Remote Virtual Internships
- Communications and Media Intern
- TrailLink.com Photography
- Graduate Internship — Active Transportation Policy
- Undergraduate Internship — Public Policy
At the very heart of RTC are our core values: leadership, teamwork, service, respect, quality and effectiveness—in a casual and fun work environment! These values inform how we treat each other, how we relate to external partners and how we go about our daily work.
To make these values real, we are committed to creating an internal culture that—
- Gives all of us the opportunity to participate in decision-making
- Fosters a stimulating and rewarding work environment that encourages teamwork and cooperation across the organization
- Recognizes and celebrates high-quality work
- Supports our professional development
- Helps us to balance the demands of work and home life in a manner consistent with achieving our personal and organizational objectives
- Creates an atmosphere conducive to friendship and fun
RTC proudly offers a wide range of benefit programs to our employees—benefits that are both comprehensive and competitive within our industry, including—
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Medical (PPO or HMO)
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability
- Health and dependent care flexible spending
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- Commuter bike benefits
- On-site bike storage (and shower)
- Vacation and sick leave
- Flextime work schedule
- Compressed work schedule
- 10 federal holidays plus two additional holidays per year
- Two personal days per year
Where We’re Located
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy National Headquarters
The Duke Ellington Building, 2121 Ward Court, NW, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20037
Phone: 202.331.9696 | Fax: 202.223.9257
Texas Field Office
780 Ringgold Road
UT Health Building S1.400
Community Outreach Room S1.408
Brownsville, TX 78520
Commitment to Diversity
RTC is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, creed, religion, color, personal appearance, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, parental status, family responsibilities, the presence of any sensory, physical or mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability, membership in any labor organization, lawful source of income, political affiliation, or political ideology. EOE