Rails to Trails Magazine
Rails to Trails magazine is dedicated to exploring America’s remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks, with a focus on the opportunities they provide and the impact they have in communities nationwide. The magazine is a benefit of membership to Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC), which is $22 a year, $5 of which supports the magazine. In addition to the magazine, members receive discounts on RTC gifts and publications. The magazine is published four times a year—three in print, one digital—by RTC. Subscribe now to get special features on remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks while also supporting our work.
Latest Issue of Rails to Trails Magazine
Community-driven activation, revitalization and inspiration. That’s the focus of our Winter 2022 issue of Rails to Trails—how trails create community.
In our latest edition, we:
- Take an inside look at how local community leaders and trail advocates are using the 3-mile Richmond Greenway as a catalyst for revitalization in some of the most underserved neighborhoods in the Bay Area.
- Speak with RTC’s 2021 Rail-Trail Champion, Gov. Eric Holcomb about why he thinks it’s critical to accelerate trail development in Indiana as well as the completion of the 3,700-mile Great American Rail-Trail™.
- Step back into the heyday of the jazz era along the route of the Great American, when Richmond, Indiana, was a crucible of American music.
- Explore how the Landline in the Greater Boston region is serving as a framework for change to unite communities across 1,400 miles of trails.
- Learn how trails are serving as prescriptions to encourage walking and wellness in Missoula, Montana.
- Find out how a 27.5-mile project in Michigan named after famed boxer Joe Louis aims to connect Detroit neighborhoods.
- Explore the Colorado Riverfront Trail—a 22-mile trail featuring many stunning sections of James M. Robb–Colorado River State Park.
- And much more!
Features from Rails to Trails Magazine
08/27/19 by Scott Stark
04/20/19 by Scott Stark
Green Issue Digital Features
Rails to Trails magazine is pleased to present our Green Issue each year, featuring a collection of amazing videos and slideshows highlighting America’s trails.
Our members always have plenty to say (and write) about Rails to Trails—and we're always eager to hear it! If you enjoyed or have comments on a recent issue of the magazine, please submit a short letter to our editor. If we can—we’ll print it in the next edition! You can also contact us for former issues and articles of Rails to Trails not listed in the archive. Don't forget to check out our TrailBlog for more stories.