Rails to Trails Magazine
Rails to Trails magazine is dedicated to exploring America’s remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks, with a focus on the opportunities they provide and the impact they have in communities nationwide. The magazine is a benefit of membership to Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC), which is $18 a year, $5 of which supports the magazine. In addition to the magazine, members receive discounts on RTC gifts and publications. The magazine is published four times a year—three in print, one digital—by RTC. Subscribe now to get special features on remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks while also supporting our work.
Latest Issue of Rails to Trails Magazine
“Trails in the Moment”—that’s a powerful theme that we explore in this all-multimedia issue of Rails to Trails, including the vital roles of trails as America endures unprecedented challenges, and the potential of trails in leading the way toward a vibrant economic, health and transportation future.
In this issue:
- Explore the central role trails are playing to provide safe spaces to be active in the outdoors during COVID-19, and how surges in use have drawn into sharp focus the need for trails in every community in America.
- Experience the beauty and boldness of four trails in Ohio’s Miami Valley region through the work of artist Maggie Reckers.
- Take in the fascinating history and stunning views of the Historic Railroad Trail along Lake Mead in Nevada.
- Check out some of the most unique and, in some cases, strangest trailside attractions that America has to offer.
- Hear GirlTrek Co-Founder Vanessa Garrison address the national trail community on how to mobilize women and People of Color in the outdoors.
- And much more!
Features from Rails to Trails Magazine
08/27/19 by Scott Stark
04/20/19 by Scott Stark
Green Issue Digital Features
Rails to Trails magazine is pleased to present our Green Issue each year, featuring a collection of amazing videos and slideshows highlighting America’s trails.
Our members always have plenty to say (and write) about Rails to Trails—and we're always eager to hear it! If you enjoyed or have comments on a recent issue of the magazine, please submit a short letter to our editor. If we can—we’ll print it in the next edition! You can also contact us for former issues and articles of Rails to Trails not listed in the archive. Don't forget to check out our TrailBlog for more stories.