Rails to Trails magazine is dedicated to exploring America’s remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks, with a focus on the opportunities they provide and the impact they have in communities nationwide.
Rails to Trails just got a makeover!
After 10+ years of the same look for Rails to Trails, we decided it was time for a facelift! We asked our readers what they'd like to see, and the feedback was fantastic. In response, we gave Rails to Trails a few modern renovations beginning with our Fall 2016 Issue. You still get the same coverage you love of the nation’s leading trails and trail champions, but with:
- More maps—including our new Featured Map
- Our new Best Of section—covering amazing trails across the country
- More photography of gorgeous rail-trails
Let us know what you think. We hope you love the redesign as much as we do!
Winter 2017 Issue
• Take an introspective look at Michigan’s developing 2,064-mile Iron Belle Trail, one of the country’s most ambitious trail projects to date.
• Explore the 500-mile San Francisco Bay Trail, which—when complete—will pass through 47 cities and unify one of California’s most popular regions.
• Hear from former R.E.M. tour manager Bobby Whittaker, who is now leading the charge for Ferry County, Washington's new 25-mile “rock n’ roll” rail-trail.
• Savor the beauty of five awe-inspiring winter rail-trail oases.
• And much more!
Read Past Issues
To read past editions of Rails to Trails going back to 2012, visit our online archive.
We Want to Hear From You!
Our members always have plenty to say (and write) about Rails to Trails—and we're always eager to hear it! If you enjoyed or have comments on a recent issue of the magazine, please submit a short letter to our editor. If we can—we’ll print it in the next edition!