Rails to Trails Magazine
Rails to Trails magazine is dedicated to exploring America’s remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks, with a focus on the opportunities they provide and the impact they have in communities nationwide. The magazine is a benefit of membership to Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC), which is $22 a year, $5 of which supports the magazine. In addition to the magazine, members receive discounts on RTC gifts and publications. The magazine is published four times a year—three in print, one digital—by RTC. Subscribe now to get special features on remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks while also supporting our work.
Latest Issue of Rails to Trails Magazine
Reflection and renewal—these are the overriding themes of our Fall 2022 issue of Rails to Trails, which explores how trails heal, revitalize, and bring about growth and transformation in our lives and in our communities.
In this issue, we:
- Learn how the developing 600-mile River Ring is redefining connectivity, outdoor life and commerce in St. Louis, while reviving the areas forgotten, but powerful, past.
- Take a closer look at the 46-mile Razorback Regional Greenway, which is creating meaningful links between the region’s hubs, suburban communities, greenspace and outdoor amenities.
- Get to know this year’s esteemed Doppelt Family Rail-Trail Champion, Indiana State Rep. Carey Hamilton.
- Find out just some of the ways that the Eastern Trail, the 2022 Rail-Trail Hall of Fame inductee, has impacted Maine communities.
- Explore—via our latest Great American Rail-Trail® history feature—the life of Sator Sanchez, a World War II serviceman whose heroism is honored by the Mexican-American community of Joliet, Illinois.
- Get acquainted with Montana’s Gateway to Glacier Trail—which leads to the stunning Glacier National Park and its bucket-list “Going-to-the-Sun Road.”
- Find out what made Shevonne and Pat Travers’ recent cross-country ride on the Great American Rail-Trail an incredible adventure.
- And much more!
Features from Rails to Trails Magazine
08/27/19 by Scott Stark
04/20/19 by Scott Stark
Green Issue Digital Features
Rails to Trails magazine is pleased to present our Green Issue each year, featuring a collection of amazing videos and slideshows highlighting America’s trails.
Our members always have plenty to say (and write) about Rails to Trails—and we're always eager to hear it! If you enjoyed or have comments on a recent issue of the magazine, please submit a short letter to our editor. If we can—we’ll print it in the next edition! You can also contact us for former issues and articles of Rails to Trails not listed in the archive. Don't forget to check out our TrailBlog for more stories.