Rails to Trails Magazine
Rails to Trails magazine is dedicated to exploring America’s remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks, with a focus on the opportunities they provide and the impact they have in communities nationwide. The magazine is a benefit of membership to Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC), which is $18 a year, $5 of which supports the magazine. In addition to the magazine, members receive discounts on RTC gifts and publications. The magazine is published four times a year—three in print, one digital—by RTC. Subscribe now to get special features on remarkable rail-trails and trail-networks while also supporting our work.
Latest Issue of Rails to Trails Magazine
Exploring the spaces that matter—to our health, our communities and our futures; that’s the overriding theme of the Fall 2020 issue of Rails to Trails magazine.
In this issue:
- Get an inside look at the Metropolitan Branch Trail—an 8-mile developing urban connector that provides vital active-transportation, recreation and cultural connections in the heart of America’s capital.
- Learn more about the 130-mile in-progress NorthEast Texas Trail, which—when complete—will serve as a new economic and tourism generator for economically distressed communities in seven counties.
- Take a closer look at eight urban destinations along the developing 3,700-mile Great American Rail-Trail™ that make for some amazing outdoor experiences.
- Get to know the latest inductee into Rails-to-Trails Conservancy’s Rail-Trail Hall of Fame.
- Read about how one father in Philadelphia is passing on his love for trails to the next generation.
- And much more!
Features from Rails to Trails Magazine
08/27/19 by Scott Stark
04/20/19 by Scott Stark
Green Issue Digital Features
Rails to Trails magazine is pleased to present our Green Issue each year, featuring a collection of amazing videos and slideshows highlighting America’s trails.
Our members always have plenty to say (and write) about Rails to Trails—and we're always eager to hear it! If you enjoyed or have comments on a recent issue of the magazine, please submit a short letter to our editor. If we can—we’ll print it in the next edition! You can also contact us for former issues and articles of Rails to Trails not listed in the archive. Don't forget to check out our TrailBlog for more stories.