WEBINAR -TrailNation Playbook in Action: Mapping and Gap-Filling Strategies to Accelerate Network Development
Join Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC) for our TrailNation Playbook in Action series! Throughout the year, we’ll take a deep dive into the TrailNation Playbook, a free resource to leverage the lessons learned from building trail networks, and leaders from across the trails and active transportation movement who are successfully implementing the playbook strategies in their communities.
In this session, we take a deep-dive into two sections of the Playbook— Mapping and Analytics, and Gap-Filling Strategies. Together, these strategies can help prioritize projects, build public support for trail networks, and make the case for further investment. We are joined by leaders from across the country to discuss their strategies and how these two critical pieces of the TrailNation Playbook have helped advance trail networks in their communities.
- Kalli Krumpos, Senior Organizing Manager at Washington Area Bicyclists Association (WABA)
- Curtis Bridges, AICP, Database and Active Transportation Planner at Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization (CRTPO)
- Derek Strout, GIS Specialist, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
- Jordan Petrov, Associate Planner, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC)
- Learn more about the Capital Trails Coalition: https://www.capitaltrailscoalition.org/
- TrailNation Playbook strategy for mapping and analytics: https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trailnation/playbook/mapping-and-analytics/
- Check out this Storymap about the CTC’s effort to make DC a World Class Bike Region – https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/a5f14c0cd98d43109fe693adc9bab69c
- Check out the TrailNation Playbook Gap-filling strategy https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trailnation/playbook/gap-filling/
- Read the CTC impact study https://www.capitaltrailscoalition.org/report/
- Learn more about the CTC’s commitment to Equitable Trail Development: https://www.capitaltrailscoalition.org/equitable-trail-development/
- Check out the SEAM project https://seamtrailnc.com/
- Read more about the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Organization: https://www.morpc.org/central-ohio-greenways/
RTC’s TrailNation Collaborattive, Trail Development and Policy teams produce a free webinar series designed to help trail professionals build, grow, manage, maintain, promote or otherwise support trails and trail networks. Sign up here to get webinar alerts.
Have a comment or question on our webinar series? Contact us below with topic or speaker ideas. We appreciate your feedback! Email us.
Everyone deserves access to safe ways to walk, bike, and be active outdoors.