These procedures outline Rails-to-Trails Conservancy's (RTC's) policies for the following:
- Linking railstotrails.org to external websites
- Linking from railstotrails.org to external websites
Linking Procedures: Inbound
As a general rule, RTC does not object to links made to its websites from other sites. However, there are certain terms and conditions that should be met:
- A link to an RTC website is permissible using the plain text name of that site (such as railstotrails.org or TrailLink.com) or the plain text name of "Rails-to-Trails Conservancy." Unless RTC enters into a specific written agreement with the party wishing to link, the use of any RTC logos, graphics, photographs, videos, tag lines or trademarks in or with the party's links is not permitted.
- RTC is a nonprofit organization, and therefore, inbound links without specific written consent should not 1) suggest that RTC promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, websites, products or services; or 2) use RTC's content for publicity, promotion, advertising or in any other commercial manner.
- RTC, whether affiliated or not with the linking organization, is not responsible for the content on the linking organization's website.
- Because of content updates, which are the nature of the Internet, we request that inbound links be made primarily to our home page. There are exceptions to this, and those cases should be discussed with the Web manager; written approval is required.
- We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
- Questions about these guidelines should be addressed by contacting our webmaster.
Linking Procedures: Outbound
RTC is a nonprofit organization, and as such, without an express written agreement, we do not list or present links in a way that suggest that RTC promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, websites, products or services on those sites.
- Linking to the website of a partner or affiliate is permitted. Because of content updates, which are the nature of the Internet, such links are primarily made to the home pages of partner sites.
- We use an "RTC Thanks Supporters Like:" link to inform the public of, and express gratitude for, a partner's or affiliate's support.
- For partners and affiliates that actively participate/support rail-trail activities, we may integrate a link within the text that describes the partner/affiliate's contribution to the activity or project.
- Any questions, requests or comments, including whether a website involves political or lobbying activity, should be directed to our webmaster.
Online Refund Policy
In the event that your purchase from RTC was charged to your credit card or paid by check in error or without your permission, RTC will honor your request to cancel the original transaction and refund your payment in full, as long as the request is made within 90 days of the original transaction and, in the case of merchandise, the merchandise is returned.
If your original payment was made by credit card, the period of 90 days will begin from the transaction processing date. If payment was made by check, the period of 90 days will begin from the date the check was written. RTC reserves the right to revise this policy at any time.