The Northampton Township Master Trail and Bicycle Plan (The Plan) outlines a vision for improving the quality of life in the Township; providing a wide range of outdoor experiences; and supporting economic development through the development of a comprehensive township-wide trail and bicycle facilities network.
The process of developing this Master Trail and Bicycle Facilities Plan was a multi-step process designed to identify opportunities for providing non-motorized transportation options in all areas of the township. The primary components addressed in individual chapters of the plan are as follows:
- An introduction outlining the plan vision and goals and objectives
- Insight into why it is important to plan for trails and bicycle facilities
- An overview of the planning process used to in the development of this plan
- A Northampton Township Community Profile designed to help understand opportunities and constraints and identify assets and destination points in the township
- The Trails and Bicycle Facilities Network
- An identification of the implementation process and costs guidelines
- Maintenance and Risk Management
- Insights on concerns relative to the relationship between trails and bike facilities and crime, property values, and individual property owners.