WEBINAR – TrailNation Playbook in Action: Building a Project Vision and Coalition to Unlock Funding
Join Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC) for our TrailNation Playbook in Action series! Throughout the year, we’ll take a deep dive into the TrailNation Playbook, a free resource to leverage the lessons learned from building trail networks, and leaders from across the trails and active transportation movement who are successfully implementing the playbook strategies in their communities.
In this first session, we’ll discuss how a strong project vision, along with a robust and engaged coalition, work together to demonstrate the importance of the network for your community and unlock new funding opportunities. We’ll be joined by leaders from across the country to discuss their strategies and how these two critical pieces of the TrailNation Playbook have helped advance trail networks in their communities.
• Kelly Pack, senior director of trail development at Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (moderator)
• Michele Perch, senior program officer at William Penn Foundation
• Judy Quisenberry, executive director of Valley Baptist Legacy Foundation
• Shae Strait, planning director at City of Fairmont, WV
- Q&A summary – Find a summary of answered questions from the webinar
- RTC’s TrailNation initiative brings to life our vision of trails at the heart of healthy, thriving communities by showcasing the impact of trail networks and redefining how we create them–so we can more quickly connect trails across the country. Learn more about TrailNation here: https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trailnation/
- TrailNation Projects – We continue to draw lessons from our TrailNation Projects, nine diverse projects that demonstrate what’s possible when trails are linked together to form complete systems that are well integrated into the communities they serve. https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trailnation/#projects
- TrailNation Playbook – The TrailNation Playbook curates case studies, best practices and tools to accelerate trail network development nationwide. https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trailnation/playbook/
- Circuit Trails – Check out the Greater Philadelphia region’s 800-mile Circuit Trails network: https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trailnation/the-circuit-trails/
- Circuit Trails Strategic Plan: https://circuittrails.org/wp-content/uploads/Circuit_Trails_Coalition_FINAL_Strategic_Plan2021.pdf
- Cara Cara – Learn more about the Cara Cara Trails in South Texas! https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trailnation/caracara-trails/
- Lower Rio Grande Active Plan https://www.railstotrails.org/media/601652/the-active-plan-low-res.pdf
- Learn more about the Valley Baptist Legacy Foundation: https://www.vblf.org/
- IHTC – Explore the 1,500-mile+ trail network connecting the Industrial Heartlands here: https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trailnation/industrial-heartland-trails-coalition/
- Read more about that Parkersburg to Pittsburgh corridor (P2P): https://www.railstotrails.org/our-work/trailnation/industrial-heartland-trails-coalition/p2p/
- IHTC impact report: Check out the 10-year IHTC impact report: https://www.railstotrails.org/resource-library/resources/industrial-heartland-trails-coalition-ihtc-10-year-evaluation-success-strategy/
RTC’s TrailNation Collaborative, Trail Development and Policy teams produce a free webinar series designed to help trail professionals build, grow, manage, maintain, promote or otherwise support trails and trail networks. Sign up here to get webinar alerts.
Have a comment or question on our webinar series? Contact us below with topic or speaker ideas. We appreciate your feedback! Email us.
Everyone deserves access to safe ways to walk, bike, and be active outdoors.